My Favourite Face Moisturisers EVER. ♥

Wednesday, 10 May 2017


♥ The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream - £14 - available here
♥ The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Day Cream - £13 available here 

Today I thought I'd share my favourite face moisturisers with you guys. As I know you are just as obsessed with skincare as I am and love a good bargain. As many of you will know, I've came on quite the skincare journey. I battled acne as a teenager all the way up until my early twenties, and I just couldn't find something that would work for my combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. My skin is really annoying, some days it's really dry, some days it's quite oily, most days it's a mixture of both. I can suffer with spots even now, however I can handle it a lot better now and I understand how to deal with spots because most of the time I can tell you whats caused them, whether it be hormonal, diet, or a new product I've used.

 You see, over the years I've tried everything to improve my skin, and I've come to know my skin really well, and what works for it, as well as what definitely doesn't. I've tried all the expsensive brands, raved about products, D.I.Y face masks and hardly anything touched the surface. In fact, most of the time new products I'd use would make my skin worse, aggravate it and cause more acne. It's taken me a long time, but hand on heart I can finally say I've found the best skincare routine that works for me, keeps my acne controlled without medicated support, and that keeps my skin looking and feeling healthy, hydrated and radiant. Best of all, all of the products I use in my skincare routine are all from the highstreet and are bargains! Isn't it funny that expensive and high end products aren't always the best for you? I truly believe that with skincare, it's all about simplicity. Keep things short, sweet and simple. I literally cleanse, and moisturise. Yep, I even cut out toning last year because for me, it doesn't make a difference to my skin and the many toners I've used over the years only add problems to it. Call the beauty blogger police! I'm probably committing the worst skincare sin, but at the end of the day everybody is different and you've got to do what works best for you.

The best advice I have for those of you who are wanting a good skincare routine, are suffering from acne or are trying to keep acne under control, is just don't go overboard. Keep things lovely and simple, you honestly don't need to use 10 products, morning and night on your skin, simple really is the way forward. You can read more about my skincare journey, as well as my favourite high street skincare products that are keeping my acne under control here

Anyway back to todays post, so after the countless moisturisers I've tried over the years I've found my ultimate favourites, that cause break outs and that give me gorgeous skin! I'm not sure there is any going back now. The Body Shop Vitamin E Night and Day Creams win hands down at the moisturising game and heres why...

♥ The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Day Cream - £13 available here 

This Vitamin E enriched beauty is suitable for all skin types, it boasts of 48 hour moisture and hydration and is The Body Shop's bestselling moisturiser. I can totally see why. I started using this around a year ago, and I haven't looked back since. It never fails to keep my skin looking and feeling radiant, healthy and well hydrated. Nor does it cause any irritation to my sensitive skin, it's really gentle. I apply this daily, after cleansing and before applying any make up and it provides the perfect base for any make up application. It's non greasy formula is perfect for my combination skin as it doesn't highlight oily areas or make me look really shiny underneath any make up. The Vitamin E ingredients support my skin, by ensuring that it is well hydrated and free of any dry areas. Before using this moisturiser I used to really suffer with dry areas around my forehead, eyebrows, nose and cheeks but now dryness is banished and I'm left with lovely, hydrated skin. No flakes or dry patches in sight. Despite the rich texture of the moisturiser, this doesn't break me out (I hardly ever find a moisturiser that doesn't break me out, so this is a winner!) which is obviously perfect!

The scent is really fresh, and isn't overpowering or full of added fragrance, which is perfect for my sensitive skin, that is often easily irritated by fragranced facial skincare products.

The texture of this moisturiser is honestly dreamy, it's really rich and creamy, feeling much more luxurious than the £13 price tag. Because of the rich texture, you only need to apply a small amount of this to reap the benefits, meaning the 50ml tub lasts quite a while. Though you can also purchase this in a 100ml tub if you're slightly in love like myself, for just £19, this may seem on the pricey side, but the tub will last you ages and the formula and results of this gorgeous stuff, really is worth the price tag! It also absorbs really nicely into the skin, and you can't feel it 'sitting' on the top of your skin, it simply absorbs within seconds. 

The only downside is that this beauty doesn't contain any SPF. However you can purchase the same moisturiser with added SPF 30, from The Body Shop here. I've actually made an order of the SPF 30 option of the Vitamin E Day Moisturiser so I will let you know my thoughts once I've given it a go, though I'm sure I'll be just as obsessed.  

♥ The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream - £14 - available here

Ok, so you guys know how much I adore the Body Shop Vitamin E Day Cream, well I obviously had to try the night cream and see what all the fuss was about too. I've been using this for around 8 months now, so four months after I started using the day cream. I've never really been that person that uses a day and night cream separately because like I said before I think simplicity is key to good skin and a good skincare routine, that actually works.

However, as soon as I began using this stuff, within a few days I noticed a dramatic difference in how my skin look and felt. It was glowing from the inside. If you think the day cream is rich and creamy wait until you give this stuff a try, this is a really rich formula and texture but don't be swayed away because it hasn't caused me any break outs at all, nor any added oily areas and the results have been amazing! Just be cautious though, as a little really does go a long way with this stuff, and you only need a small amount to notice the difference in your skin. Again this is a 50ml tub, but by using just a small amount every time, the price tag is easily justified.

Despite the rich texture, this night cream absorbs really easily, and locks in added moisture overnight so that you wake up with beautiful, baby skin soft and moisturised skin, every, single morning! I cannot describe how gorgeous and soft my skin feels when I've used this stuff. The aim of the moisturiser is to add any moisture lost overnight, back into your skin so that it's replenished and hydrated as soon as you wake up, and it really does tick that box! This is suitable for all skin types and it doesn't cause my sensitive, combination skin any irritation. I feel like this is the perfect compliment to the day cream and it just enhances the results of the day cream so well. Honestly, give it a go and you'll see what I mean.


I hope you've enjoyed today's post. If you take any tips or advice from it, remember: keep your skincare routine simple. Your skin will honestly thank you for it. Nothing has cleared my acne, and kept it under control, better than a simple, fuss free skincare routine and these moisturisers have greatly contributed to my clearer, healthier skin. 

What are you favourite face moisturisers?
What is your skincare routine? You can read about my favourite, highstreet skincare products here 

Sharna
xo
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme