Is Nars Sheer Glow Worth The Hype? ♥

Sunday, 26 March 2017

♥ NARS Sheer Glow - £31 - available here

YES, YES, YES.  Should I give the answer to this post away that easily? I don't even care.  You've all probably heard of this infamous foundation, it's one that is thrown about the beauty bloggersphere and raved about by many beauty bloggers and YouTubers, often given Holy Grail status too.  It took me forever to cave into the hype and purchase this foundation, as I thought it would be one of those products, that are simply hyped up, because it's by a good brand. However NARS Sheer Glow is absolutely INSANE. I couldn't have been more wrong. I don't know how I lived without this foundation in my life for so long, it's sooooo worth the hype, and in my opinion, worth every, single penny! I thought it was about time I shared my favourite foundation, EVER, with you guys. Especially because I really enjoy writing rave reviews and reviews of products I'm obsessed with. It puts me in such a good mood aha. So here we go, here's why I think NARS Sheer Glow is worth the hype, hefty price tag and is just basically the best foundation, ever! (I've tried many foundations both high and low end, so believe me, that is a huuuge compliment.)

♥ NARS Sheer Glow - £31 - available here

♥ Pros - 

Packaging - The packaging isn't really anything to rave about, it's rather simple and the foundation comes in a glass bottle, no pump sadly, more about that in the cons section below, however I really like when beauty products focus on the product itself rather than the packaging as it shows more money was spent to make the product amazing, rather than on the packaging. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a sucker for pretty packaging though!

Application - It's a dream to apply this foundation. I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply this beaut, it smooths and buffs into the skin effortlessly leaving me with the most gorgeous finish and with a perfect, even base.

Formula/Texture - the liquid formula has the silkiest, and most lightweight texture. It has the perfect in between runny and creamy consistency, which makes application a dream.  Although this foundation offers amazing coverage with insane lasting power, you cannot feel that you have this  foundation on at all. It allows your skin to breathe, without feeling clogged up or greasy, you cannot feel it 'sitting' on your skin, like with many other full coverage foundations.

Coverage - For me, good coverage is something that is essential in a foundation. I opt for foundations with coverage that is on the full side, because lets face it, if you want to wear a foundation, you want good coverage. NARS Sheer Glow ticks all the boxes coverage wise, offering divine coverage, easily! It covers blemishes, spots, uneven skin tone and pigmentation perfectly with just one coat, maintaining a natural finish, and leaving my skin looking healthy and flawless. Best of all, if you want more coverage, it's buildable and doesn't leave you with a cakey finish.

Finish - Ahh the finish. All the heart eyed emojis! NARS Sheer Glow offers a satin-matte finish. Although it's called NARS 'Sheer Glow' don't be fooled by the name, there isn't anything particularly glowy about this foundation, something which I was quite surprised about when I first tried it. I was expecting a really dewy, and glowy finish, but actually the finish is rather about the natural glow of your own skin, which despite the amazing coverage, manages to peep through leaving you looking flawless, natural, healthy and glowing from all the right areas!

Lasting Power - NARS you're bae when it comes to lasting power with this beaut. I can apply this in the morning at 6am, and with a powder touch up at lunch time (around 12pm) this foundation will last me through until 5-6pm with no movement, or build up. If you have any troublesome spots it's best to carry around a concealer with you in case you need top ups on the go, but depending on your skin tone you may not need it.

Shade Range - There are over 20 shade choices in the NARS Sheer Glow range which means there is a shade for all of us girls. I opt for the shade 'Deauville' and it's literally the colour of my skin, if not a hint darker just to add a bit of colour to my skin, so that I don't look ridiculously pale.  I'm really happy with my shade choice! If you're struggling to narrow the shade choices down, and there isn't a NARS counter near you, I find the website Findation really helpful, it compares other foundation shade choices to a foundation you're looking for, so that you get a shade that is really close to what you would usually use. I find it so accurate and have used it many times when I'm making a sneaky online Feel Unique purchase and you cannot swatch the foundations in person. It has never let me down. You can find that website here. You're welcome. :)


♥ NARS Sheer Glow - £31 - available here

♥ Cons - 

No Pump - you have to purchase a pump separately, which actually drives me insane. How come I can buy a drug store foundation for a fiver and they supply you a pump, but this high end beaut won't make my life complete and give me a pump for free? NARS sort it out pls :)

SPF - sadly this foundation doesn't contain any SPF. It makes it perfect for flash photography but you will need extra SPF protection when wearing this beauty unfortunately.

Price Tag - This doesn't really count as a 'con' for me, just because I think the price tag is justified because of how amazing this foundation is. If you're on a budget I can totally understand the gasps, when you see how hefty the price tag is. Believe me, I'm a gal that loves a bargain, however if you can get a sample of this stuff, and try it for yourself, you won't regret it. I can assure you, you will be spending £31 on this foundation instantly and going into your overdraft with no thinking about whats for dinner this evening. You'll just need it in your life, no going back.

Dry Skin - I have combination skin, that is dry around my nose and eyerbows/forehead at times, and oily at the same time, especially in the t-zone. It's really hard for me to find a foundation that doesn't exaggerate my pores, or cling to dry areas. As much as I love NARS Sheer Glow,  I'm going to be honest and recommend that if you have really dry skin I would personally steer clear from using it, as my dry areas around my eyebrows hate this foundation, it clings to dry areas dramatically. On first application I was devastated. I overcome this now, by applying a fair amount of my trusty Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturiser (Read my skincare routine here) alongside NARS Sheer Glow,  and this combats the issue quite well and I don't experience the annoying clinginess as much as I used to.


So overall, I'm obsessed with NARS Sheer Glow, as with most beauty products there are pros and cons to this gorgeous stuff, but the pros will forever outweigh the cons, and I still continue to purchase this beautiful foundation, and it's irritating extra pump, every time I run out. Even if I try another foundation and love it for a while, NARS Sheer Glow will forever be my holy grail and the one I always run back to. I think I've found my foundation soulmate. 

♥ NARS Sheer Glow - £31 - available here

Have a lovely day!
Sharna
xo 
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme