Review | Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser. ♥

Sunday, 19 February 2017


Hey,
I'm back again, I thought since I'm back and all about blogging with passion, I'd review one of my all time favourite beauty products for you all. Since I began using it around a year ago, it has changed my LIFE. Honestly, no understatement, it has changed my whole make up look, and completely transformed my skin. No longer is my skin clogged full of heavy foundation each day, instead it has a lightweight, full, buildable coverage, with long lasting results and the most stunning glowy and dewy finish without looking oily, not only that but I'm also protected from harmful UV rays by SPF 20, daily, which means I ain't get no wrinkles or sun damage any time soon. Sound like your kind of thing? I haven't even finished yet...the Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser  now before all you foundation lovers out there instantly click 'x' and roll your eyes, wait up, this tinted moisturiser offers fabulous coverage and has even helped reduce my acne. Honestly, keep reading you will be surprised by this little beauty!


♥ Why I adore this tinted moisturiser...
This is the most lightweight base I've ever used for a product that has such great coverage, I can't feel it at all on my skin which I love, as heavy bases don't suit me well at all. As it's a tinted moisturiser it doesn't necessarily have the same base you'd expect from your Estee Lauder Double Wear but I must say there is some fighting talk from this base in terms of coverage! It's amazing - especially to say it is in the 'tinted moisturiser' end of bases.

I would say it has better coverage than most high end and near enough all drugstore foundations I've tried, covering most of my blemishes with just one coat. I tend to reach for my trusty NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or a heavier base like my NARS Sheer Glow/ L'oreal True Match Foundation when I'm having a really 'bad skin day' with actual volcanoes erupting on my face as sadly the tinted moisturiser doesn't conceal these alone. However, I've found the more I use this product, the less I'm reaching for my heavier concealers and bases, because my skin is much clearer. I think this is because it's such a lightweight product and it doesn't clog up my skin. Since purchasing this product a few months ago I've barely used my NARS Sheer Glow!

Though I hated the first couple of weeks where I felt like my spots were so red even with some concealer, in the long run, after battling it out, using this tinted moisturiser has allowed my skin to breathe which in turn has meant that now I can use this and reap the benefits of having much clearer skin, with an illuminating glow! It's simply perfect! I apply the tinted moisturiser using my hands (as told by the lovely lady on the LM stand in my local House Of Fraser) and this works a treat. I get the coverage I need without having to reach for my make up brushes. *Gasps from beauty bloggers and make up gurus all over the world.*



♥ Moisturising Qualities...
Personally I think it all depends on which skin type you have regarding how useful the moisturising formula is within the product. For me my skin would feel far too dry to use the tinted moisturiser alone, so I simply apply this product after using my regular day moisturiser, which is currently this beauty. Review coming soon. It has changed the skincare game for me! The tinted moisturiser works perfectly leaving no sticky residue, nor any problems applying on top of The Body Shop's Vitamin E moisturiser. For me applying my own moisturiser beforehand makes blending the product a dream too.


♥ 
The best part - how it makes my skin LOOK.,,
This is the part that I've been so eager to tell you. I've finally found a base that I've really fell in love with. It's not heavy on my skin, it's got great coverage, it lasts all day (more info on this below) and FINALLY it makes my skin look absolutely beautiful. Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but I've never had skin so dewy and Millie Mackintosh worthy. My skin looks so pretty when I'm wearing this product!

I've tried all of the products that claim they give you Dewy Skin, but for me they've always made me like like I'm a greasy, sparkly mess, yes Rimmel Wake Me Up I'm talking to you. The Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser leaves me looking sophisticated, radiant and youthful without any sparkly shimmer in sight. You need to get a sample of this from your local Laura Mercier stand and try this out for yourself to see and understand what I mean. Honestly you'll never forgive yourself if you don't try this at least once in your life. If you don't agree with me, then feel free to report me to the blogger police but I personally believe that you'll adore the finish and reap the benefits of using this product!



 Is it worth the hefty price tag?
I know many of you will gasp in horror at the price tag of this little beauty. Yes I know it's shocking that it's priced at £34 for a 50ml tube, though it's on often on offers at places like Feel Unique, or John Lewis and in my opinion it's worth every single penny. Firstly because a little goes a long way when applying the product. With two pea sized amounts I get amazing coverage, a beautiful dewy finish, without looking like a sparkly Edward Cullen of course, and incredible lasting power! Did I mention the lasting power?

This product has CRAZY lasting power. I manage to get a full days wear out of this beauty and I'm talking from 7am-5pm with only one powder touch up at around midday (though sometimes I forget. Major beauty sin!) I've got to put it out there that even some high end foundations don't last that long for, especially with my combination skin. Not mentioning any names. The squeezy tube packaging isn't the prettiest (it's only downfall) but it's super efficient allowing me to squeeze the amount I need without the hassle or any waste.

It also contains SPF 20.
 Winner all around.

You can read more reviews or purchase the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for £34 here



You all need to try this tinted moisturiser! I've finally found my holy grail base that makes my skin look, and feel amazing! The fact that it's made my skin clearer and allows it to breathe each day is an added bonus! Let me know if you've tried this before and what you think of it, or if you're thinking of purchasing. I hope you've enjoyed my first beauty review since my blogging come back, as much as I've loved writing it! There's plenty more to come :)

Sharna
xo


 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme