My Highstreet Skincare Favourites. ♥

Sunday, 26 February 2017

Hi lovelies,
Before I begin... a little disclaimer - all of the products mentioned in todays post are under £14 each, so if you're anything like me and you're constantly on the search for a bargain then you're in luck. I have some amazing skincare products featured today, that are suitable for all skin types and super affordable. So if this sounds like something you fancy, stick around. Although I must warn you, you may want to make some sneaky purchases that your bank balance would disapprove of... :)

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that I'm somebody who is really lazy with skincare. I like to keep things really simple and mainly stick to products that are cheap and cheerful. I don't really see the point in spending loads of £££ on skincare, I've been there done that, and got loads of spots after using the expensive stuff, to prove it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying skincare isn't important, because it seriously is. More that, just because something is on the pricier side, doesn't necessarily mean that it works best.

I've tried countless skincare products from high end brands, but unlike make up, something always brings me back to using high street/drugstore skincare. For some reason, it just works best for my skin and irritates it far less than some well known more expensive brands. Before you roll your eyes, I do understand that many high street skincare products DON'T work. However, I can hand on heart say that these beauties are products that I come back to day after day, the ones that I repurchase as soon as I run out, and continue to use because they do such a great job of keeping my skin clear, hydrated and radiant and an added bonus is, they're super cheap. Slight warning...this is a pretty hefty and detailed post, so grab a beverage and something tasty before we start chatting! ♥




I started using Simple products when I was a teenager, and they've always worked really well for me and my skin. I can sometimes have sensitive skin which is prone to break outs, so I have to be particularly careful with what kind of skincare products I use. As I've got older I am a lot wiser as to which skincare products will irritate my skin and I'm always skeptical about using new skin care products. However as all beauty lovers know, when you see a pretty skincare product with rave reviews on offer in Boots, you've just got to give it a go. No matter how many skincare products I try,  I always end up going back to my trusty Simple skincare products. Three of my favourites and ones I repurchase constantly are the Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub, Deep Cleansing Face Mask and of course the infamous Micellar Water. All three of which have never caused irritation or breakouts to my skin, due to Simple's zero tolerance of harsh chemicals and use of no fragrances. 

Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub - First off this costs under a fiver, at £3.99 you just simply cannot go wrong with having this beauty in your collection. It is a bargain, and often on offer in places like Boots or Superdrug. I stocked up recently when Superdrug had this on offer for just £2 a tube!! The scrub is suitable for all skin types, you simply alter you usage of the product depending on what type of skin you have. I have combination skin so I use this once a week, whereas if you have a more oily skin type you may use this twice a week. The scrub is the perfect blend of skin soothing multi-vitamins, that supports the removal of dead skin cells, and helps to brighten the apperance of skin leaving you with a radiant, fresh, silky smooth and clear apperance. Whenever I use just a pea sized amount of  this scrub, I instantly notice a difference in the texture of my skin, especially in areas like the sides of the nose where you can get a build up of dead cells. My skin feels so soft, and refreshed. I couldn't live without this product in my collection now and at just £3.99, you aren't exactly breaking the bank. You can see more information or read more rave reviews on this scrub here



Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask - Yet another, super affordable and lovely Simple product, this face mask is priced at just £3.99, and again is often on offer at places like Boots, and Superdrug but also supermarkets such as Tesco. This face mask is a lovely addition to any skincare collection, it aims to draw out any dirt left behind after you've cleansed, and remove any dead skin cells. Containing three skin loving ingredients - Clay, Seaweed and Bisabolol it promises amazing things for your skin! Again it is suitable for sensitive skin as well as all skin types. I use this on my combination skin around every 2 weeks but you can use it as much as you'd like. This is the product I reach for when I want to give my skin a thorough cleanse and treat! Who knew skincare treats could cost as little as £3.99? It contains pro vitamin B5 which restores, softens and smooths the skin leaving me with baby smooth skin that is soooo soft to touch. Another lovely addition to this mask is Vitamin E, which is a firm favourite of mine because of it's hydrating and moisturising qualities! Whenever I use this mask alone, my skin looks and feels instantly hydrated, and over time I've noticed a difference in the moisture of my skin since using this product. After I've used other face masks in the past, often by high end brands, not mentioning any names, my skin often feels tight, and dry because of harsh ingredients whereas the Simple face mask leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth to touch. A huge difference for me and a whole lot less irritation. Win, win! You can see more information or read lots more reviews on this face mask here

Simple Micellar Water - If you're familiar with the beauty blogging world you probably don't need any brief summary of my thoughts on this infamous product. It is loved by beauty gurus galore, and I'm no exception. I couldn't live without this product in my collection, to be honest I'm not sure how I ever removed make up without it? At just £4.99, your bank balance would pretty much still be in tact if you were thinking of giving this product a whirl. I'm not going to go into loads of detail because the product pretty much speaks for itself, but it's amazing. It removes my make up instantly, with no fuss or problems. It leaves my skin looking and feeling refreshed, hydrated and, silky smooth and not in the slightest bit dry, broke out or irritated, something I've found difficult when trying other Micellar Waters. I don't use this product alone, it definitely isn't a cleanser, but my skin doesn't feel clean if I haven't used it, if that makes sense? I go in with this to remove my make up, once my make up has been removed I then go on to use a cleanser. Honestly, please try this product. You will really love the results! If you don't believe me, read more information and rave reviews here.


 Now onto my favourite part of skincare - moisturisers. These two beauties from The Body Shop's Vitamin E collection have been my favourites for as long as I can remember. It would be pretty tough to beat these two when it comes to keeping my skin, hydrated, smooth, moisturised and radiant. Believe me, I've tried and tested many moisturisers over the years but somehow no matter how expensive, or raved about, they cannot beat The Body Shop's Vitamin E Day and Night creams. These are the priciest products mentioned today, with the day moisturiser costing £13 for a 50ml tub, and the night cream costing £14 for a 50ml tub but honestly they're worth, every single penny.

Both the creams are very similar in texture, and for what they offer. However the night cream is slightly more rich to provide extra moisture and hydration, as expected overnight. The creams are both quite rich in texture and thick in consistency, however once applied you cannot feel the creams sitting on your skin, and they feel very lightweight even though they are providing amazing hydration to the skin. Best of all, the richness of the products DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT. Hallelujah!

For years I've been looking for rich moisturisers, that provide the best moisture, to keep my dry skin happy, without breaking me out, and I've finally found them! The creams aren't greasy in the slightest, they leave my skin feeling smooth, nourished, fresh and supple. Instantly healthier and I can't describe the softness of my skin once I've used these products, it's just insane. The day cream provides the perfect base for make up, as it sinks into the skin quickly but allows make up to reap the benefits of a silky soft and hydrated base. Although the creams are in quite a small pot, don't let this alarm you, with both the day and night cream, a little goes a really long way and you only need the tiniest of amounts to cover your face. If you don't believe me, then read the 5 star rave reviews on this products here - Vitamin E Day Cream, Vitamin E Night Cream.


And last but not least, what would any skincare collection be without a pot of the trusty stuff, that is Vaseline! I find so many hacks for Vaseline and cannot live without it in my collection, but one I've picked up over the past couple of years is to apply it under the eyes as a deep conditioning treatment and it's also an early wrinkle prevention tip. Please do not apply it every night as it's far too heavy in my opinion, but I do it once a week and when I wake up I have the smoothest, most hydrated under eyes and over time my dark circles are much less visible. I really do see such a difference. You only need the smallest amount as too much of this stuff can be slightly too heavy, especially under your eyes where the skin is so delicate. It's amazing! I've read that Jennifer Anniston has been doing this tip for years too! Best of all you can purchase this good stuff for as little as £2 here

So there we have it, my high street only, skincare favourites! I know it's been a lengthy post so high five if you got to the end! Also high five, if you read even a small amount that was the most useful to you! I hope this post has been helpful! :) 

Have a lovely day!
Sharna
xo 


 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme